Este sitio utiliza cookies propias y de terceros. Si continúa navegando consideramos que acepta el uso de cookies. OK Más Información.

F.L.A.R.E

• 42 Respuestas
  • 5619 Vistas

Skorp

• Administrador
  • Überperrus
F.L.A.R.E - Febrero 2011
« Respuesta #15 en: 03 de Febrero de 2011, 08:51:13 am »

Atentos al texto.. :|

"Here are a few new screenshots of my recent texturing work on the terrain. Sorry for skipping two previous updates on December and January, I had to give priority to my job and delay the work on this project.

During that time I received defeatist comments and emails that I don’t think were really necessary. Do not assume that the project stopped just because I missed a couple of updates, F.L.A.R.E is very alive! As I wrote some time ago when I started working on it, I plan to stick to it until it’s completed. No need to jump to wrong conclusions just because my real job temporarily slows down my texturing time.

After all I didn’t even stop when a certain person from the (dead) FreeFalcon team threatened me and my family with legal actions if I didn’t stop working on this project. I kept that email and I read it every once in a while because it’s hilarious and it makes me want to work even harder. One of these days I may even post it with his real name, not the fake one he tried to use. I think the first of April is the perfect day for these kind of things… 

Anyway, rest assured that sooner or later you will be flying over F.L.A.R.E tiles!"

Acojonanting....!

No Center......No Party XD.

Enfoca cualquier situación problemática como lo haría un perro:
olfatea el problema y si no te lo puedes comer o follar, méate en ello y vete.

DReaper

• Überperrus
  • Polisimulero nostálgico
Re: F.L.A.R.E
« Respuesta #16 en: 03 de Febrero de 2011, 11:45:39 am »
Al final son sólo texturas, ¿no?
Pues con el ejecutable actual...

Skorp

• Administrador
  • Überperrus
« Respuesta #17 en: 03 de Febrero de 2011, 12:53:49 pm »
Sólo texturas...;)

Skorp

• Administrador
  • Überperrus
« Respuesta #18 en: 14 de Febrero de 2011, 16:06:49 pm »
Algunas capturillas más..

Saludos.

Jaker

• Administrador
  • Überperrus
  • Perroflauta
« Respuesta #19 en: 14 de Febrero de 2011, 16:26:13 pm »
Sí que están chulas, sí...
Lo que se pueda, cuando se pueda y si se puede...

darthkata

• Perrus Habitualis
  • Asche zu asche und staub zu staub
« Respuesta #20 en: 14 de Febrero de 2011, 20:54:23 pm »
A ver si sale ya... :boing:

Skorp

• Administrador
  • Überperrus
Re: F.L.A.R.E *MARZO 2011*
« Respuesta #21 en: 02 de Marzo de 2011, 07:55:59 am »
Nuevas capturas...:shock:

New month, new screenshots. As you can see, I posted an image showing inland water tiles. In FLARE there are two different types of water tiles, the ones used for ocean water (coasts, open sea, etc) and the ones used for inland water (large rivers, lakes, etc). Inland water will have different colors and textures. Some people still believe that you can’t differentiate inland from ocean because in Falcon these tiles are shared. Well, this is now proven false by FLARE.

These folks made the error to underestimate what Microprose created many years ago. The water system always had a trick that allows differentiation. Yes, the original release used only one type (probably for lack of time) but this doesn’t mean that they didn’t code a way to allow both.

After so many years, I am still impressed by what they were able to achieve. In order to develop FLARE I had to spend a lot of time studying their tiling system and it was worth it. Inland water is a great discovery and it will be a unique feature of FLARE.
« Última modificación: 02 de Marzo de 2011, 07:58:53 am por Skorp »

Jaker

• Administrador
  • Überperrus
  • Perroflauta
« Respuesta #22 en: 02 de Marzo de 2011, 08:01:52 am »
H*STIAS NEGRAS!!!

¿Y esa base? ¿¡Y ese campo de tiro!?  :shock: :shock: :shock:
Lo que se pueda, cuando se pueda y si se puede...

danli

• Überperrus
« Respuesta #23 en: 02 de Marzo de 2011, 12:00:53 pm »
BABAS...

y funcionando en w7-64...va a dar gusto verlo el flare este, si sale.

"Hours of boredom, interrupted by moments of stark terror"

darthkata

• Perrus Habitualis
« Respuesta #24 en: 02 de Marzo de 2011, 21:14:36 pm »
Me parece que por mucho DCS:A-10 vamos a seguir aquí mucho tiempo  :cunao:

Ace

• Perrus Pilotus
Re:F.L.A.R.E
« Respuesta #25 en: 06 de Septiembre de 2011, 19:31:12 pm »
Noticias frescas ... FLARE se hizo para BMS y no para OF!!!! Según comenta el creador, tuvo que "mentir" para no sacar a la luz el tema BMS. Esto mejors ...

darthkata

• Perrus Habitualis
« Respuesta #26 en: 08 de Septiembre de 2011, 15:10:12 pm »
Noticias frescas ... FLARE se hizo para BMS y no para OF!!!! Según comenta el creador, tuvo que "mentir" para no sacar a la luz el tema BMS. Esto mejors ...

Esto ya parece un culebrón  :cunao:

Skorp

• Administrador
  • Überperrus
Kunsan flareado
« Respuesta #27 en: 27 de Septiembre de 2011, 12:01:07 pm »

Más capturas en la página del autor

:pulgares:

OMEGA MAN

• Überperrus
  • Cha-Perrus
« Respuesta #28 en: 27 de Septiembre de 2011, 17:53:20 pm »
Yo tero deso mu musho.....

Hagas lo que hagas.....¡Te arrepentirás!

Skorp

• Administrador
  • Überperrus
« Respuesta #29 en: 18 de Febrero de 2013, 07:35:09 am »
Noverdades al respecto....

Copio tocho de Demo:

Like many of you I was excited about the FLARE project that Gio started a few years ago. When I hadn't seen any updates on his site in a long time I sent him an email and we've been exchanging emails for the past few weeks. Gio said that due to real life taking priority, he doesn't have the time to continue development on the FLARE project and we worked out an agreement for him to give me his files, PSDs, and method (guide) so we could continue and finish his project. Jammer, myself, and hopefully some others are going to pick up where Gio left off and try to finish this project. The goal is to finish it in the same look and feel he has it now, and then later us or others can improve on it even more with more photo-realistic tiles and/or more variation if needed.

Those who have tried know how time consuming it is to try and redo the tiles in Falcon, and it's impossible for someone to say two years from now I'll still be able to devote time to working on a project (which is what happened to Gio). Our goal is to complete the tiles as quickly as possible using Gio's method and his PSD files. If for some reason we cannot finish or just get burnt out, we'll provide all the files to the BMS team to do with them as they want so the files aren't lost. Gio actually completed a lot. The vast majority of tiles are done as you can see in the video below. I could fly around for miles and not see a default tile. And since we have the PSD templates we're hoping progress will be quick. We have no intention of selling the tiles or anything and will provide for free to BMS or here in the forum.

Gio provided all of his completed tiles - which include base textures, forest, farmlands, coast, cities, mountains, roads and a lot of other stuff. Also, he retouched 329 of the 3D object textures (i.e. buildings, ramp textures, etc...), and updated the weather textures (clouds, overcast, etc...) so that the match the look and feel of the FLARE tiles. I provided a quick video example below since I know many are probably curious like I was. I mostly hung around Kunsan, KOTAR, and Kimhae because I don't have the time on a Sunday night to go all over Korea. I do want to point out that there are different areas with different tiles. I captured most of the same type of coastal/city tiles. The video doesn't do the tiles justice... They look better in game. Gio did a really good job.

Jammer and I will post more examples and updates as we go. I think we'll also try to mix in some photo-realistic tiles in some areas, such as the mountains for example because they provide more definition to the shape of the mountain like Fighting Falcon has shown. We think a balance of the photo-realistic (satellite) and what Gio did with FLARE is the best look and feel since the FLARE tiles look good at lower altitudes. Also, I do want to say after flying in Falcon with FLARE, it is not the end-all-be-all of tiles at all. It is a huge improvement over the default but this is still the same Falcon with the same terrain engine, limited trees, etc... so keep that in mind. You can only do so much. Gio did accomplish some pretty cool stuff though, such as his different types of water for rivers and lakes (not just using ocean water everywhere or painted rivers) and being able to see where the water is shallow. His textures are 1024x1024 and 2048x2048 only in specific locations, such as KOTAR for higher resolution. During my testing I haven't noticed any FPS hits, but I've only gone up twice. Gio did not change the code/layout of any of the tiles to not effect the campaigns/paths and we won't either. We're going to use the default tile as the bottom layer and match the roads, cities, etc... like he did.

I think tiles have come a long way since Gio started FLARE, and tiles like Israel/BFS, the new Balkans under development, etc... have raised the bar. So I hope to use those as examples of ways to improve the FLARE tiles (i.e. mountains) so we finally have tiles in Korea.

It's not my place to discuss what Gio's situation is or our agreement on the files so please don't ask. Will give more examples/info later! Thanks.